Why Get Dental Implants in Turkey?
Compared to other parts of the world, the low cost of dental implants makes Turkey a popular choice for getting dental implants. Due to the affordability of dental procedures in Turkey, you can save when visiting dental clinics when planning your dental tourism trip.
But is getting dental implants in Turkey the best option for you? We will take an in-depth look at what dental implant options are available to you if you are looking to travel to Turkey for dental procedures.
Here, you will get the information you need to decide whether to travel to Turkey for implants and if IdealofMeD can assist you in making up your mind if travelling to Turkey for your procedures is the right option for you.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are essentially artificial teeth that are placed on metal posts that are positioned in the jawbone during surgery. Many people prefer dental implants to restore or enhance their smiles. Dental implants can be used to replace undesired teeth or to replace missing teeth due to accidents or medical conditions.
There are four major types of dental implants namely:
- Two-stage Dental Implants
- Endosteal/Endosseous Dental Implants
- Single-stage Dental Implants
- Subperiosteal Implants
You will need to make two or three visits to your dentist depending on the type of implants that you are getting and the preparatory procedures that you will have to undergo.
Who Can Have Dental Implants?
During your consultation with your dentist, it will be determined whether or not you are a good candidate for dental implants. A good candidate for dental implants is considered to-
- Have healthy and strong gums.
- Have a healthy jawbone, capable of supporting the new root.
People who are not considered good candidates are
- People with underlying oral health issues such as gingivitis.
- People with bone loss in the jaw due to tooth abscess.
If you fall within the category that is not considered a good candidate, there might still be some good news for you. In some cases, the following can be done to get you the smile of your dreams-
- The possibility of getting a bone graft to strengthen your jawbone before implants are inserted
- Mini dental implants can be the way forward for people who are not able to get the conventional implant. These mini-implants have many advantages, due to the size of the root, less bone is needed to hold them in place. They can usually be fitted in a single visit.
Dental Implant Cost in Turkey.
Compared to the rest of the world, dental care in Turkey is not only affordable but also done by the best dental experts in their fields. In the tables below you can view the difference in prices for dental implants. Let us take a look at some United States prices for single dental implants. These prices are approximate and indicative.· Avoid smoking, drinking red wine and coffee to prevent staining of teeth.
Let us take a look at what some of the prices for full dental implants are in the United Kingdom compared to Turkey. These prices are approximate and indicative.
Reasons to Get Dental Implants in Turkey Through IdealofMeD
Turkey has long been a tourist hotspot, known for its many attractions, wellness resorts and rich history and culture, not to mention the exquisite cuisine. What better way to make your dental implant procedure part of a whole vacation to experience all that Turkey has to offer?
IdealofMeD offers all-inclusive packages that will suit your pocket and lower the stress of travelling by taking care of all your needs. Medical tourists can rest assured when choosing to work with IdealofMeD. With a proven track record of over 200 TrustPilot reviews with a 5-star rating, you will be provided with the utmost professional environment with your comfort at the top of the list.
Is Getting Dental Implants in Turkey Safe?
IdealofMeD ensures that patients are only dealing with qualified and skilled dental professionals dedicated to getting you the results you desire. Dentists in Turkey are required to be a member of the Turkish Dental Association (TDB) and hold a professional license from the Turkish Ministry of Health to practice.
Here are some points to consider to ensure that you are happy with the process of getting your dental implants in Turkey:
- Make sure that your dentist is a member of the TDB and has a valid professional license and has the relevant experience to perform the dental implant procedures.
- Research the clinic that you have chosen, and take a close look at past patient reviews.
- Make sure that the dentist and staff at the clinic speak your language or a language so that both parties can communicate well. It is important to have a clear understanding of what is involved.
The specialist procedure of getting dental implants should be done by a trained dentist that specialises in this field, if you are getting more than one dental procedure done it would be wise to look at a clinic that employs all of the relevant specialists to achieve your desired outcome.