The procedure for DHI is similar to that of FUE hair implantation. In order to restore hair growth in balding areas of your head, your surgeon will remove hair follicles from one area of your scalp, usually the back of your head. There is an eventual growth of new hair from these follicles.
In comparison with less sophisticated hair transplant techniques, DHI achieves up to twice the germination rate. In the case of DHI, 90% of implanted hair follicles are guaranteed to grow.
The Benefits of Choosing DHI Hair Transplant in Turkey with IdealofMeD?
IdeolofMeD is the best choice for DHI hair transplants in Turkey that guarantee the quality, safety, and outstanding results.
- Doctors: At IdealofMeD we have only the best, top professionals in the field.
- Equipment: The latest top-of-the-range equipment is used
- Safety: Process protocols are strictly followed, with 100% safety guaranteed.
- Painless: The latest technology is used for extraction and implantation. The procedure is virtually painless.
- Results: With IdealofMed in Turkey you will be ensured of 100% natural results.
- Package Deal: When opting for IdealofMeD for your DHI, you can choose one of the amazing package deals on offer, which could save you up to 75%.
Candidates for A DHI Hair Transplant in Turkey
Fortunately, most of our patients can undergo DHI using this advanced technology. Before undergoing a procedure, you should tell your doctor about any underlying health conditions you may have. Following are the factors that make for a good candidate for a DHI hair Transplant.
- Androgenic alopecia: This is the most common type of hair loss and makes for the best candidates for a DHI hair transplant.
- Hair Density: People with good hair density are good candidates for a DHI hair transplant.
- Scalp Laxity: A person with high scalp flexibility will be a better candidate than those who have low scalp flexibility.
- Trauma: Someone who suffers hair loss due to trauma, that causes scarring or burns to the hair follicles.
- Patterned baldness: Both men and women who suffer from patterned baldness are good hair transplant candidates.
- Age: If a person is over the age of 25 years will be a good candidate. Waiting a few years to get a hair transplant would have prevented the need for a second procedure if the hair transplant was done before the age of 25.
- Thinning and patchy Hair: If a person is suffering from thinning or patchy hair would be considered a good candidate for a DHI hair transplant.
- Follicle Density: People with a density of 40 Follicles per square metre are great candidates.
How Does the DHI Hair Transplantation Procedure Work?The procedure will take place in one of the top-rated chosen clinics in Turkey. With IdealofMeD your DHI hair transplant will be done by professional doctors. Only the best and the latest top-of-the-range technology will be used. The procedure is quick and painless. The use of soft anaesthesia is used to eliminate any discomfort during the procedure. The approximate procedure time is 5 to 6 hours. An implanter pen is first used to extract hair follicles from the donor area. The plantation area is then angled to the most appropriate angle, usually a 40 to a 45-degree angle. using the implanter pen’s push function. Firstly, the surgeon will apply anaesthesia to numb the area. Each hair follicle will be extracted one by one from a specific area, usually the back of the head, before being implanted. The hair follicles will be implanted into the target area directly after the extraction. The doctor will collect the maximum required amount of hair follicles that are needed for the related areas.
The Ice DHI Method OptionThe Ice or frozen method is not a new hair transplant method, but rather a new approach to the way the hair follicles are stored and treated between the harvest and the transplant stage. The hair is placed in transplanting containers after the surgeon has properly selected the hair and retrieved the follicles from the donor area. The liquid in which the hair is submerged is kept at a very low temperature. The solution that the transplanted hair is kept in contains vitamins, biotin, and antioxidants in addition to helping to improve and preserve their health. The therapy that the hair grafts get during the Ice hair transplant greatly increases their chance of survival. You could be a candidate for this method. Your IdealofMeD surgeon will discuss this method will you and see if it will be beneficial for you.
What to Consider Before the DHI Procedure in Turkey?Recovery can be sped up and complications can be minimised by avoiding some points. Here you will find a few steps to help ensure your treatment goes as smoothly as possible and how to lower the risk of complications. If you are a smoker, you must stop three weeks before the procedure to eliminate the chances of post-surgery risks. Patients must refrain from drinking herbal supplements a week before the DHI procedure. Blood-thinning medication must be stopped a week before the procedure, if you are taking any medications, please make sure to inform your doctor. Pain medication that does not contain paracetamol must be stopped at least a week before. You can however take pain medication that contains paracetamol. Eight hours prior to the DHI hair transplantation procedure, patients may not eat or drink anything.
The After Care for DHI TransplantationIt could take up to three months for new follicles to take and begin the natural hair growth process. Full noticeable natural hair growth could take up to 10 months. Here are a few instructions to guide you during your healing process. As you heal and recover from your surgery, the days and weeks immediately following are critical.
- Do not wash your hair for 48 hours after the procedure,
- For the first week after the procedure sleep with your head elevated to minimise swelling. If you do not feel any pressure, then it is alright to sleep normally.
- Make sure to take your medication as prescribed by your doctor.
- If you are experiencing swelling, put ice on above your eyebrows for twenty to thirty minutes. Do not put ice on your affected area.
- Do not colour your hair for the first month after the DHI transplant.
- Make sure you drink a lot of water.
- For the first two weeks avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not wear any head gear for at least 72 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid exercise for the first week to prevent sweating.
- Eat healthy foods as nutrition is very important.
- Don’t drink alcohol as this could prolong the recovery
Advantages and Disadvantages of DHI Hair Transplants in Turkey with IdealofMeDAs with any medical procedure, there will be advantages and disadvantages involved. Here you will find a list of the advantages and disadvantages of a DHI hair transplant.
|Hair follicle survival rate is higher||The processing time is longer|
|Pay less with IdealofMeD|
|Bleeding is very low due to incision area|
The Side Effects of DHI Hair TransplantationThe DHI hair transplant procedure is less invasive than the FUT procedure and is relatively safe. However, there are a few potential complications that could arise after the hair transplantation procedure.
- Some patients may experience a negative reaction to the anaesthesia.
- Infections are rare but could occur.
- Shock hair loss can occur within two months of the procedure. A full recovery will take place within three to four months.