Rhinoplasty in Turkey at IdealofMeD
As it is becoming more popular and more people are discovering it, more and more patients are traveling to Turkey each year to seek cosmetic surgery and treatments. Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular surgeries on the list. Each person has their own individual reasons for getting cosmetic surgery done, whether it is to improve your appearance, boost your confidence, and feel more comfortable in your skin, or even just to be able to breathe better.
Continue reading as we dive right into the world of cosmetic treatments and specifically Rhinoplasty in Turkey, what it is all about, the risks involved, along with all the wonderful benefits that come with it.
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is acosmetic surgery done on the noseto change its appearance and shape. Your face is your connection to the outside world and a Masterpiece, and the nose is one of the most important parts to show the beauty of the face. The reason behind getting Rhinoplasty done differs from person to person, it may be to improve breathing or to improve the overall appearance of the nose, and in some cases, it can be both.
The top portion of your nose structure is made of bone and the bottom part is made from cartilage. With Rhinoplasty you are able to change bone, cartilage, skin, or all three if need be. After examining you and your nose and all its features, your surgeon will tell you which option is best suited for you.
When you decide you are wanting Rhinoplasty done, your surgeon will have a consultation with you and have a look at your facial features, the surgeon considers the shape of your face and nose as well as your chin and the skin on your nose, and what you are wanting to change. Thereafter they will come up with a customized Rhinoplasty plan for you as an individual. In some cases it may merely be changing the shape of your chin and not doing anything to your nose, once the appearance of your chin has changed, you will find that the nose fits perfectly to the face. This will obviously be advised by the surgeon but it comes down to the patient’s desires and specific outcomes in the end.
Why choose to do Rhinoplasty in Turkey?
One of the biggest reasons why many patients choose to travel and have Rhinoplasty in Turkey done is because of the cost of the treatments. Many people can’t afford the cost to do the procedure in their own country of residence and it works out a lot more cost-effective and cheaper to travel to Turkey to get it done. Rhinoplasty in Turkey generally costs 50% less than it does in the United Kingdom, the USA and other places.
The surgeons in Turkey are among some of the best in the world when it comes to Rhinoplasty. When doing any cosmetic surgery it is vital that you find the best surgeon, who is very well trained and experienced in the field. You want to ensure that your procedure goes well and according to plan and that you do not end up with a botched job. It is always good to do your research about the possible surgeon beforehand, and find out about their qualifications, experience, and the different types of Rhinoplasty surgeries and other cosmetic surgeries they have done in the past.
For those that like to keep their “doings” private, having Rhinoplasty in Turkey gives you this benefit. You can go on holiday and get the procedure done while you are there. This way it gives you more confidentiality and privacy about the procedure being done.
When planning to get Rhinoplasty in Turkey, many patients prefer getting an agency to plan their treatment, by doing this you do not need to stress and can rather focus on your recovery after the surgery. You will get a customized Rhinoplasty package that will fit your personal needs. The package generally includes the flights to get to and from Turkey, airport transfers, and accommodation in Turkey. Most of these facilities will be 5-star so you will be able to fully recover in luxury in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. You will be able to do some site seeing and traveling after a few days of recovery, so you get the best of everything at once.
The Cost of Rhinoplasty in Turkey
The cost of Rhinoplasty in Turkey compared to other countries is very affordable and that is one of the main reasons that people will choose to have their surgery done in Turkey. Let us have a look at the difference in costs of Rhinoplasty in Turkey compared to other countries.
- The average cost of Rhinoplasty in the UK is around €6,000
- The average cost of Rhinoplasty in the USA is around $5400, which works out the same as in the UK as it is €6,000
- The average cost of Rhinoplasty in Australia is about $8000 AUD which is €5,300
As you can see, in those 3 places, Rhinoplasty is generally costing the same. Now if we compare it to how much it costs in Turkey you will notice a big difference. The simplest surgeries start at around €2,500 and go up to €4,000 being the most complex and expensive ones. The cost is generally half the price in Turkey and it is no wonder Rhinoplasty in Turkey is becoming more and more popular.
Before Rhinoplasty Surgery in Turkey
Before you get Rhinoplasty in Turkey you need to do a few important things to ensure you get the best results possible. You will meet with your surgeon and together will consider the following few things:
- Your medical history – firstly why do you want this particular surgery and what do you hope to achieve? You will also need to supply a list of medications that you may take and whether or not you have had any nasal surgeries prior.
- A physical exam – the surgeon will need to do a complete physical examination of you including any blood tests that need to be done. They will look at the features inside and outside of your nose.
- Photographs – Photographs of your nose and features will need to be taken. This will allow the doctor to use computer technology to determine possible outcomes to the procedure. They will also be used as discussion means throughout the surgery and as the “before” photos.
- Consider your lifestyle – if you live a healthy lifestyle and have a good diet, it is less likely to encounter any risks to the surgery. Be sure to avoid smoking.
- Who will accompany you – plan for someone to accompany you to Turkey and for the procedure. The first few days after the surgery can be quite difficult and you will need someone you can trust to help you.
- 10 Days’ Vacation – plan for at least 10 days’ holiday, during this time you need to be stress-free and get the best recovery possible.
After the Rhinoplasty Procedure
The first few days after the Rhinoplasty surgery are very important. Make sure you rest in bed, with your head slightly elevated to reduce the swelling and bleeding. It may feel like your nose is congested, this is normal and may be from swelling or the splints placed inside during the surgery.
Bleeding and drainage may take place for a few days after the surgery, your doctor may place a piece of gauze taped to the bottom of your nose to absorb any of this.
There are still precautions that you need to take for a few weeks after the surgery which include the following:
- Stay away from strenuous physical exercises such as running or aerobics
- Bath instead of shower
- Eat high-fiber foods to avoid constipation and putting strain on the nose.
- Be careful when brushing your teeth, try to avoid moving the top lip.
- Do not blow your nose
- Do not pull clothing over your head, rather wear clothes that button up in the front.
- Avoid smiling and laughing
- Keep pressure off your nose, so do not wear glasses for at least 4 weeks after surgery
- Use sunscreen on your nose when outside
- Do not put any cold packs or ice on your nose after surgery.
Different Rhinoplasty Surgery Techniques
There are two different techniques that your surgeon can use to perform the surgery. It will either be an open method or a closed method approach.
In the open method, a small cut is made through the skin in the middle of both nostrils. This method is preferred for people that have complex deformities.
In closed rhinoplasty surgery, the surgeon will enter through the nostrils to correct the underlying structure of the cartilage and bones.
Many patients prefer the closed rhinoplasty method because this means there will be no visible scarring after the surgery. Doctors or surgeons on the other hand prefer the open method of rhinoplasty because it gives them greater and easier access to the nose and its structure and therefore are able to give you the best possible results to the surgery. The risk of scarring in the open method is only minor and the accuracy and access they get from the open rhinoplasty method is far more beneficial to the outcome.
A full breakdown of the Rhinoplasty procedure in Turkey
Once you have made the decision to have the Rhinoplasty procedure in Turkey done you have started the first step to your journey. Here is a breakdown of the rest.
- You will first do your research and find the best surgeon possible.
- Contact them and book your procedure, taking into account traveling and recovery time.
- Book your package, they are generally all-inclusive of flights, accommodation, consultations, and the procedure itself.
- Upon your first consultation, the surgeon will explain everything to you, do a full physical examination and determine the best possible route going forward that will be customized to your personal needs.
- During the procedure, one of two techniques will be used, either the open method or the closed method rhinoplasty, this you will be aware of from your consulations.
- After the procedure, it will be necessary to recover properly, fortunately in Turkey, you will most likely be in luxury accommodation where you can relax and get the best recovery time. Lie with your head slightly elevated for about 6 days, to reduce swelling.
- Once you have recovered from the surgery, spend a few days sightseeing and exploring Turkey, before taking your flights home.
- The full result may only be noticed after quite some time, it can take up to a year in some patients.
- Make sure you attend any follow-up doctor’s visits that you may need, after your surgery when you are back home in your country or if any complications arise.
Is Rhinoplasty surgery different in males and females?
In the past, a rhinoplasty procedure was far more common in females compared to males. It was not often that you heard of males going for cosmetic surgery to “alter” their appearance. In modern times rhinoplasty has become more popular among males and now is about a 50/50 match with the number of females that are opting for the surgery. And why not? Males also want to “look better” and have more confidence and feel comfortable with their appearance.
Men and women have different needs and physical features and although the same procedure and techniques are used during rhinoplasty surgery, men and women want different outcomes and results to the surgery.
Table showing the comparison between male and female desires of rhinoplasty
The Risks of Rhinoplasty Surgery in Turkey
As with any medical procedure, there are risks and certain reactions that could come with it, and Rhinoplasty in Turkey is no different. Fortunately, the risks and reactions are not major and your surgeon will discuss them all with you before the surgery takes place.
You can expect any of the following but it is not limited to these:
- Reaction to the anesthetic (nausea and drowsiness)
- Bleeding and infection
- Could experience difficulty breathing through your nose
- You could experience numbness in and around your nose that may be permanent
- Possibility that your nose could look uneven
- Pain, swelling, and discolouration that may last
- There is always the possibility of scarring
- There could be a hole in the septum
- There may be a need for an additional surgery
The Advantages of Rhinoplasty Surgery in Turkey
There are obviously advantages and disadvantages that come with everything in life and Rhinoplasty in Turkey has its own set of advantages.
A few of the advantages to having rhinoplasty in turkey include the following.
- Rhinoplasty in Turkey is cheaper and more cost-effective than in other places around the world.
- Rhinoplasty creates a more aesthetic, balanced, and attractive look to the face
- Rhinoplasty surgery can increase your self-confidence. Especially if you have spent years studying and stressing over the shape of your nose. 95% of patients say that they feel more comfortable and confident within themselves after the surgery.
- Hospital stay is not long and in most cases, a 1-night stay in the hospital is recommended before being discharged.
- Although there will almost always be swelling, the pain from the surgery is limited.
- Be able to breathe easier. Some patients, get rhinoplasty simply for their breathing. After the surgery, they are able to breathe easier and it eliminates sleep apnea.
- Get individual treatment and a customized surgery plan that meets your specific needs.
- Visit and explore the wonderful sights of Turkey a few days after surgery and you have recovered.
The Disadvantages of Rhinoplasty Surgery in Turkey
The disadvantages to having rhinoplasty in Turkey are far less than the advantages are and the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Having said that, each person is different. Below are a few disadvantages to rhinoplasty surgery that you may encounter.
- The cost of the rhinoplasty surgery. Although it is a lot cheaper in Turkey compared to other places, it still costs money and you will need to make sure you have saved up to get it done. Medical insurance generally does not cover the expenses.
- Because of visible swelling and bruising, you will need to stay away from your active work environment for 5 to 10 days. Depending on your employer, this may be an issue.
- May experience side effects of the anesthetic such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and a sore throat.
- It may take up to a year to see the final results and results may not always match your expectations.
- If the surgery was not a success and the results were not as you were hoping, a revision rhinoplasty may need to be done.
Final thoughts about Rhinoplasty in Turkey
After considering everything there is to know about Rhinoplasty in Turkey, it is definitely a great option for anyone wanting the procedure done. It is suitable for both men and women.
Why not book your dream holiday to Turkey and make a medical trip out of it at the same time? Experience top-quality work from some of the best and most experienced surgeons the world has to offer. Feel safe after your first consultation, and the surgery has been explained to you in depth by your surgeon. Take ease in knowing you are in good hands.
Experience the beautiful sites of Turkey and its wonderful culture once you have recovered in one of the luxurious accommodation venues the country has to offer. Stress-free recovery is the optimal ending to your Rhinoplasty procedure in Turkey.